To participate in the virtual discussion of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, please answer 3 of the following questions by Monday, March 7th.
1. Christopher’s journey to London shows the difficulties he has being on his own. What is most frightening, disturbing, or moving about this section of the novel?
2. Were you confused by Christopher’s odd way of telling a story when you first began the book? Did that frustrate you or draw you into the novel?
3. How did the story help you understand people with autism better?
4. Talk about the relationship between Christopher and his father. Do you think his father does a good job of dealing with his behavior?
5. Talk about Christopher’s relationship with his mother. How do the letters he finds help explain her actions?
6. Is it easier for you to forgive his father or his mother? Why do you think it is so much easier for Christopher to trust his mother than his father? How does that reveal the way Christopher’s mind is different?