If you would like to participate in our virtual discussion of Touching Spirit Bear, please respond to three of the five questions by Monday, April 19th,
1. Does the way in which other people see us ever cause us to change our behavior?
2. Why do Garvey and Edwin’s methods work for Cole? What do they teach him?
3. If you were going through a difficult time, what sort of teacher would be able to help you? What methods and character traits would they have?
4. How would the story have changed if Garvey and Edwin had simply told Cole how to understand and deal with his anger?
5. Why did Coal need to sit in the cold river and carry the ancestor rock every day?